Teaching in Spanglish

Monday, September 10, 2012

Strike One!

Did you hear the news? Chicago Public School teachers are on S-T-R-I-K-E. It's a shame too because students need to be in school!
Can you believe that as we're picketing a mom says that we're ruining her vacation time?! The NERVE!!! I cannot begin to tell you all how FURIOUS I became, so much so that I grabbed a marker, flipped her the bird my strike sign over and wrote the following in my third language (sarcasm): "Babysitters" on Strike! (See below)
If that's all I am to you, fine... either way, I'm on strike!

On a happier note, here are my two babies showing support...


My Son

My Dog


BY THE WAY: I noticed my grammatical errors. I would make this sign correctly, but 1) we are on strike, we are in the middle of a recession, AND ink is expensive and 2) you guys probably didn't notice. Lol.

Wear RED this week to show your support for all Chicago Public School teachers!
#SOLIDARITY





No comments:

Post a Comment