Teaching in Spanglish

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My First Upload!!! =)

I can't believe how much I have underestimated my little ones this year. I taught 3rd grade bilingual before and some of the assessments I've used in my classroom have been a little over their heads; this year as a 1st grade bilingual teacher I thought, "there is no way these kids will be able to use an Exit Slip at they end of every day".... well, guess what!? They CAN!!!!! Can you hear the Angels sing?! OMG!!! I'm excited!
So here's a brief explanation of what we do.
1) At the end of every day, I give my students the sheet listed below titled, "Que Aprendiste Hoy?" which basically means, "what did you learn today?"
2) On it, they write 1 thing they learned throughout the day (it could be ANYTHING!).
3) Then, we hole punch it and put it in our "Mi Aprendizaje Folder".
So simple, right?! The folder will be a great way for them to see how many things are in their schema by the end of the year and how much their writing has changed throughout our time together.
By January, I will increase it to two things, and by April, 3 things. The sheet itself isn't as amazing as some of the work I've seen on other teacher blog sites, BUT it is one of those things that WORKS. Hope it becomes as useful to you as it has for me.


Que Aprendiste Hoy?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Great idea. Will probably use in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete