Teaching in Spanglish

Thursday, October 6, 2011

OMG!

OK, so here I am at home, on my two week intersession (Yes, ladies and gents, I get two weeks "off" from my teaching duties! Heck yeah!), deciding what to write on my FIRST POST EVER.... Should I be witty? Charming? A sweetheart like Sammi (I know you guys watch Jersey Shore; don't pretend you don't)? I guess I'll be all of the above... my regular self. Lol.
Being that this is my first post ever, I'll just give you a brief description about what I'm all about. I'm a Spanglish (my word for bilingual) teacher in Chicago. After teaching 3rd grade Bilingual for 3 years, I decided to take a PLUNGE into 1st grade bilingual (I don't know what I was thinking!). I never realized how much I underestimated the primary grades until I got my own set of NEEDY munchkins. =) Kudos to all the teachers out there that have done this year after year... I now bow to you as though you were Egyptian Queens because HOLY MOLY, teaching first grade is TOUGH! Thank God for a year round calendar because there's NO WAY, I would have kept my sanity much longer. Today is day 4 of my time off (not including Saturday and Sunday) and after stalking a few teaching blogs (I confess: I'm a blog stalker! Eeek!) I feel a bit refreshed and ready to go back to work (OK, I just lied, I don't think I'll be ready to go back until I officially have to, but if I had to go back today, I think I'd be OK for a few DAYS [does that make me a terrible teacher?]).
 Please join me on my wonderful journey of self, blog, and teaching discoveries...
Oh, and please forgive my typos and grammatical errors; I write what I'm thinking exactly the way I'm thinking it and because of that I mess up... A LOT! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment